About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Monday, October 17, 2005

When In Samaria

I found myself wandering around San Francisco very early in the morning on Saturday night, and came across an abandoned cell phone. I checked the recent calls on it, and noticed one from an hour before - and if you're calling a phone at 3 in the morning, you might be interested if you get called from it at 4. That logic, perhaps surprisingly, succeeds, and I manage to meet up with the cell phone owner's friend and make the dropoff. The guy says he has nothing to offer me as a reward, which I kind of wave off, and he hands me his business card.

I've got the card, somewhere, and I'm pondering e-mailing the guy. But I don't really care for a reward. On the other hand - he handed me the card for a reason, right? Do I e-mail and say "hey, I'm the guy who brought the phone back, give me some mo-nay." Nah. Though it says he's a resident DJ. Maybe he can help me break into the DJ scene. I'd totally rule.
- Unknown, 4:56 PM
Comments: Post a Comment