About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Adventures in Debate

As I spiral deeper into boredom, I have turned to that most entertaining of boredom-relievers, the chat room. Occasionally, chat rooms spiral ever deeper into that least entertaining of arguments, the politics debate. So naturally, when my instincts for chaos get the better of me, I get involved. Here is an entertaining sample:

me: blah blah blah reasoned reply to militaristic nonsense
conservative: lol you must love michael moore huh?
me: actually, I find him to be a demagogue
conservative: so do you like michael moore or not?
rest of chat room: he just answered that question!
me: I said, I find him to be a demagogue. you do know what that means, right?
conservative: yeah I know what that means. you must have voted for Gore and Kerry huh lol

It was pretty much downhill from there.
- Unknown, 3:49 AM
Comments: Post a Comment