About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Poor Big, Dumb, Happy Doggy

My dog Saffron died today. Her stomach apparently turned upside down. I'm not sure what causes a stomach to turn upside down, but it does indeed sound fatal.

Saffy wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. In fact, she was clearly the dullest. But she was cute and very friendly, and I'm sure her excited headbutts will be missed by all, except people trying to hold onto things.

A couple of days ago, I had a conversation with my mom comparing the relative ages of our dogs and cats. I asked what the life span of a Labrador was, anyway? She shook her head and said not to ask. Very reminiscent of my hard drive, where I referenced something that was acting healthy in a way which implied that it might one day not be healthy, and a few days later, bam. Clearly, in the future I will have to never mention anything bad happening ever again.

I would upload a picture of her, but all my photos were on the hard drive.
- Unknown, 4:34 AM
Comments: Post a Comment