About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Sunday, May 15, 2005

The Bright Side of Life

The local shop charges $30 for a hard drive data recovery attempt. $90 if they succeed. What do I have on my dead hard drive worth that much? The only thing that might actually be worth that money are some of my old papers, mainly my senior project and my Newberry paper. Those could theoretically get me into grad school. But I have hard copies of those, and there should be earlier versions in my e-mail.

Then there's my music. There's no way my iTunes ratings and play counts can have survived. Which is sad, but also kind of refreshing. I get to reorganize my music! I get to recount my music, so everything has the chance to catch Flip Flop Rock! (by the way, my top 5 most played songs: 1. Flip Flop Rock - Outkast 2. The Whole World - Outkast 3. The Way U Move - Outkast 4. Hey Ya! - Outkast 5. Turn It On - Sleater-Kinney)

I do have some fairly rare music, mostly game music, which will be a pain in the ass to replace...but hey, replacing rare music is a force that gives life meaning.

I'll lose my pictures, mostly of Antioch last year, which is sad, but I've never put a whole lot of stock in pictures. There's a few files that are probably irreplacable, and some save games I'd love to have kept. But life is transitory. I won't miss the Wizardry VII sound patch that much, will I?
- Unknown, 7:32 PM
Comments: Post a Comment