About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Monday, April 04, 2005

Ode to the Punk Classicers

My sister is going to school to play classical viola, and being near her means that I get the chance to go to lots of classical musical shows for free. Today we went to see a friend of hers subbing in the Sacramento Philharmonic, playing The Rite of Spring, the punkest bit of classical music there is - it provoked a riot on its opening night. The audience was, of course, half old people, a third middle aged, and the rest probably students. But somewhere, way up at the top, were two punkers. They were fairly subdued punks, leading me to believe that they had attempted to dress nicely for the occasion. After all, you wouldn't wear just any hoodie. You've gotta wear the nice, clean, black hoodie. And yes, you're wearing a hat inside at a jaunty angle, but it's a fashionable pink hat. After the show, they went out and smoked - I believe they were the only ones who smoked. I sent them mental waves of support. Go punk kids at the Stravisky show. But next time, I won't care if you wear the spiky bracelet.
- Unknown, 4:57 AM
Comments: Post a Comment