About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Return of the Friendster

After leaving Antioch last spring, my friendster habit took a dive. I was no longer surrounded by people I was friendly with who were all signing up, after all. Until now.

I managed to convince my sister to sign up. She promptly decided, as everyone does, that Friendster was the new post-modernism. She got a bunch of friends (like, 30 in a week) and wrote me a testimonial.

A week or so later, I discovered "Meet Beck Bristow". Since the website advertised for this famous Hollywood actor actually exists and is hilarious, I figured "you know, the chances of Beck being on Friendster are pretty high." And I was right. I'd call myself brilliant, except that I also thought the same way about Nellie McKay, who wasn't on Friendster. Oh well.

At any rate, Beck left me a testimonial. Wherein he hit on my sister, who had the testimonial immediately before mine. That's right, a fake cartoon hollywood actor from the year 2021 hit on my sister via my friendster testimonials.
- Unknown, 3:54 AM
Comments: Post a Comment