About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Irony Alert!

Now, I don't follow country music on the radio, so I was greatly amused to discover that a popular country music song of the last year was called "The Bumper of My SUV." No, really. That's the name of the song. It's a true story of a bumper sticker supporting our troops that drew the ire of some hippy peacenik. And it's called "The Bumper of My SUV." Irony ensues.

It gets better, though.

The song was driven up the charts by a campaign of radio fraud! As uncovered by The Tennessean, which actually seems to do journalism and details its sources, members of the singer's fan club were calling and writing radio stations pretending to be family members of people in the military who were stirred by this amazing song. Which, lest I forget, is entitled poetically..."The Bumper of My SUV."
- Unknown, 5:58 AM
Comments: Post a Comment