About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Sunday, June 13, 2004

Very Bad Blogger!

Gosh, I'm not doing well at this, am I? I suppose I should write at home, put it on a disk, and then bring it on in to the internet cafe so I don't have to worry about my time. (You've got five CRAZY minutes!)

Anyway, Friday was apparently a day of mourning for Americans. I hope you all had a good time. There was a notice on the board of the international school, where I work, which said that some American students may not be in Friday. I didn't see any missing.

Anyway, it led to the following amusing exchange:

Me, to American Co-Worker: I see you're here today, despite the Day of Mourning.
ACW: Yeah. How about that.
English Co-Worker: Do you always have these when Presidents die?
Me: Well, it doesn't happen that much. I mean, the last one was Nixon, and of course, he didn't get one of these.
ACW: Poor Nixon.
Me: He tried so hard.
ACW: His heart was in the right place.
Me: Ohhhhh....I wouldn't go that far.
- Unknown, 2:11 PM
Comments: Post a Comment