About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Meet the new place

Same as the old place. When I came to London, I was told that my place was temporary while my job found new housing for me. Turns out they just moved me downstairs in the place where I'm staying. So I packed up and headed down. Easiest move I've ever made.

While I was unpacking, I kept thinking "gee, why did I bring this? and this and this and this?" And then I remembered - because I was moving and could fit it all. Because you never know when you'll need that pair of soccer warmup pants.

Jet lag has been hitting me hard lately. In America, I had been waking up at 11AM and going to bed at 3AM or so. That's 4PM and 8AM here. But my plane trip was an overnighter, so I figured once that balances out, everything will be fine. Right? Well, not quite. After staying up, going to bed twice, and getting up, I discovered that I was awake at....4PM. Ouch. And since I didn't have my voltage converter, I couldn't plug in my alarm clock. But when I finally did, everything was going great, right? The next day, I was up around noonish. Then I discovered something wonderful about my alarm clock. It was losing hours. The next day, I set my alarm for 11:30. It went off, I pressed snooze, then next I knew, it was 1:30. Okay. Fair enough. Then I turned on my computer. It said 3:30. It happened later that day, too. I thought it was midnight, looked at my computer, it was 2. Also, the alarm wasn't going off anymore. So I had an alarm clock that didn't work, and a clock that lost hours inexplicably. I cannot imagine a worse scenario for dealing with jet lag. But now I have a new alarm, and hopefully everything will work out.
- Unknown, 9:42 AM
Comments: Post a Comment