About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Music

Thanks to the creation of an "obsessions" playlist in iTunes, I have determined, by far, what my favorite song of the last six months is. It is Flip Flop Rock, by Outkast. A non-single from Speakerboxxx, instead of The Love Below, it seems to have no proponents other than me and my friends, but it is quite simply the best hip-hop song I know. It has the catchy beat and the fantastic flow that the best of Outkast has. Imagine The Whole World (wah wah, wah-wah wahwah) but even tighter. By far the best song on Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, and that includes Hey Ya and The Way You Move, in case you were wondering.

In other news, for you indie rock as opposed to hip-hop fans, I have found that the new best-band-since-Sleater-Kinney is around these days. They're called Metric. They have three songs that tear into my psyche in the way the best songs do: Dead Disco is catchy as all hell, Combat Baby is a joyous pop song about dating punker kids, and Succexxy is a brilliant, catchy, postmodern attachment of war to false sexuality. Your Limewire knows you want to see what I'm talking about, yo.
- Unknown, 4:54 AM
Comments: Post a Comment