About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Je Suis Sportif

On Wednesday, I played soccer. I do that. Hell, I helped bring this incarnation of soccer to Antioch.

On Thursday, I did Tae Bo. It wasn't very fun. But it was gym class, so it was expected.

On Friday, though, I did two different sports. At dinner, some friends of mine were saying they wanted to play raquetball. That's fun. So I tagged along. Then, as I was leaving, some more friends showed up and needed another person for basketball. Basketball? I haven't played that game for fun in, well, almost a decade. And I wasn't good then. This could only end badly. Right? Well, my friends assured me that they were terrible as well, so it was okay. And I was there, so off I went.

On the first play, I was defense, moving over to guard someone who was dribbling to the basket. He decided to do a no-look pass to his teammate. By no-look, I mean, he threw it into my eye so that I couldn't look for a few minutes. Nevertheless, my team and I went on to victory, after I cried in the corner for a few minutes. I scored the winning basket, and 2 or 3 other points. This may not sound like much, but it's probably as much as I scored in my entire basketball career.

Next up: Rowan joins a frat, sleeps with the cheerleading squad, and gets drunk on Budweiser!
- Unknown, 2:49 PM
Comments: Post a Comment