About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Sunday, February 29, 2004

My Two Girlfriends

In case you haven't been able to tell, I have a girlfriend these days. Well, technically, I have two. First is, well, you know.. After months of it being obvious-you-two-get-along-like-the-same-music-for-the-love-of-god-admit-it-already, or whatever the hell, yeah.

Then there's my other girlfriend. She's pretend. See, she has a boy she can't say no to, who might visit. So if he visits, I'm the backup plan. Holding hands, great! Totally boyfriend!

The funny thing is, the real girlfriend, after she visited, I don't see, and I don't touch. Whereas, the pretend girlfriend, I can see and touch. I hold the hand of the fake girlfriend, and I'm stuck missing the real one. Postmodernism? Irony? Torture? You decide!
- Unknown, 5:51 AM
Comments: Post a Comment