About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Friday, February 06, 2004

Irony, by definition

So the other day, I got my new phone. Huzzah! It was a refurbished version of my old phone, which meant that I got the I Ching. Everything good so far. Except that the instructions as to how to switch my number from the old to the refurbished were missing. So I call Sprint tech support. After saying "no, I don't know the password and stuff, it's my family's account, I'm just a dirty leech, sorry!" the woman on the other end asks if I have the refurbished phone on me. Yes! I am prepared in some way. So I look at the 'new' phone, only to discover that its screen is blinking in and out. Just like the old one did, 6 weeks before it died.

I mention this to the woman on the other end, and she says "oh, I can't help with that, I'll transfer you." Disappointed and not wanting to wait another 15 minutes, I hang up.

So the "don't expect me to call you" rule is still in effect.
- Unknown, 5:19 PM
Comments: Post a Comment