About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

In Which I Fuck the RIAA

Why fuck the RIAA? Well, something like two years ago, I signed onto a class-action lawsuit against the record companies for price-fixing. All you needed to sign onto this was a name and address and to say you had purchased a CD in a certain time period, something like 1994-1999. The lawsuit said that if the settlement was less than $5 per person, then it wouldn't go to people, but rather to charity. I figured that would happen. But no! Today, in my mailbox, I recieved a check from the attorney general of Ohio, saying that I won a total of $13.86. Boo. Ya.

I may buy a CD with that money. Hah.
- Unknown, 3:26 AM
Comments: Post a Comment