About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Friday, January 02, 2004

Symbolism

I left my monkey behind when I moved this time. Accidentally. But still poignantly. See, it was this stuffed, kind of, monkey I got for Christmas last year. It was hanging on my window. And I forgot to grab it.

It was also the last vestige of last year's monkey Christmas. See, I have a hard time asking for gifts that aren't, well, video games. When I took my girlfriend at the time home to meet the family, we had a monkey thing going on, and when my parents asked me what I wanted, I said "monkeys!" as I couldn't think of anything else. So I got a Monkees CD. Never listened to. A set of magnetic monkeys. Lost. This monkey, with its funny face, and slightly broken arm...left behind. And the girl, of course, is long gone. Left behind. For good, perhaps, and perhaps for the best.
- Unknown, 7:25 PM
Comments: Post a Comment