About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Friday, January 02, 2004

January 1st, 4:30 - Phoenix

Decent flight. My purple hair continues to work marvels. For example, on the second drink run-through by the flight attendants, I got three bags of peanuts instead of two. First time that's happened!

Yes, as long as my hair is purple, I will attribute any slightly abnormal behavior in people interacting me to my hair color and not coincidence, luck, or my inherent charisma.

I had been thinking that Phoenix is joining that exclusive club or cities that I've only been in the airports of. Houston, Las Vegas, St. Louis, and Minneapolis are the others, I think. But then I remembered that I spent two sad hours here last year, when my connecting flight was delayed. So Phoenix is now in super-elite company, with only itself, of airports that I've been in twice without seeing the city!

I'm currently eating a fairly tasteless bean and cheese burrito. I swear, I had better versions of this in Philadelphia, not a city known for its spicy burrito population - home of the cheesesteak, after all. Phoenix, I know I've only seen you once before, but I expected better....oh wait, I had bland food here last year, too. Maybe it's the whole "being in an airport thing."

Despite the Orange terror alert, my plane anxiety isn't very terrorist related, because on 9/11, the hijackers all took early morning flights. Take that, early birds. Hah. In fact, the airlines seemed to take roughly the same view, as I didn't see anyone get searched before the flight.

Starting with these flights, I plan to check and see if I can ever find a person of color sitting in the First Class section. So far, we're 0 for 2.
- Unknown, 7:25 PM
Comments: Post a Comment