About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Fame, no Fortune

It's my third and last year at Antioch, and suddenly I feel like I'm in charge. Like it's my place. People come to me for advice that I am able to give. My name is known. Often, when I introduce myself to people, I get "oh, so YOU'RE Rowan!" I also finally have a class. When I arrived, as a transfer student, I mostly made friends with first-years, who were 2-3 years younger than me. Now, I feel like I fit in with the people who are my age. I'm also getting compliments on things like attractiveness. Poise might be a better word for it. Someone told me that I fit my body.

Perhaps for the first time in my life, I feel comfortable. One might even say...cool?

So it's a good thing that I'm leaving in three months, hey?



You know, I'm getting so used to complaining about the temporary nature of my life that when I ever get in a position where I will have no plans to leave in the future, I'll go crazy. I'll be like "Someone tell me when to move! I CAN BUY HEAVY THINGS WITHOUT HAVING TO MOVE THEM! HELLLLPPPPPP!"
- Unknown, 7:24 PM
Comments: Post a Comment