About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Friday, December 05, 2003

Myriad

Today I was reminded of myriad, one of my favorite words. And it hit me, that would be a fantastic word to work with for my website redesign. For one day, my readers, I plan on getting my own domain name, and getting off blogger so I can post pictures, and make my webpage, well, uh, make my webpage!

But I've been somewhat caught on what to name the thing. I'm not terribly enamored of Ordinary Language - it's okay, but it's too pretentious, and my philosophy is, ah, shall we say, slightly divergent from ordinary language philosophy. I find dictionaries to be given too much weight and power, where James Austin(who wrote Sense and Sensabilia, ha ha) would have a dictionary on hand and look up every word when he was reading philosophy. Anyway. The pretentious thing is something I try to avoid, because it's really annoying and I can do it really well.

I could do www.arkaeyn.com, but I think that's silly. I don't think using my nickname designed mostly to not have anyone else share it is the best of plans.

www.rowan.com is taken by NetIdentity for people to use as e-mail. Boo! And I don't want to use my last name, justincase.

Myriad is one of my favorite words because it sounds good, it's short, and it's useful. Plus, it fits my blog - like I'm gonna change the color scheme!

But www.myriad.com goes to a pharmaceutical company. Yikes. Ouch. Stay away. www.myriad.org goes to one of those shitty buys-random-domain-names search engines. I feel that I should come up with something else. Something . . .special.

It's a fairly moot point, as the other big thing preventing me from doing this are, oh, money and bandwidth. You know. That kind of thing.
- Unknown, 10:42 PM
Comments: Post a Comment