About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Home

A string of slight coincidences today, as I went out to run errands and hang out in the city for the last time. First, I think I saw a member of the gay rugby team that I'd moved Cyn and Phil with. He was kind of crossing the street, so I didn't stop to say hi. Then, later on, I left my house, and a few houses down the street, I saw a group of guys standing and chatting. And one of them was a former Antioch guy, in town for the day helping a friend of his move. On my street. I've had weird Antioch coincidences before but thiis guy, in town for a day, on my street?

Later in the night, I saw an old co-worker. That one was not a terrible surprise, as I was near where I used to work, at roughly the time when she would leave. She didn't recognize me. I had my hood up, I guess. I didn't say anything to her. I couldn't think of something to say. I feel kind of weird about talking to co-workers. I'm really bad at networking.

So suddenly, Philadelphia is throwing people I know at me. Thanks, Philly. Way to make me feel settled in.

Back to packing.
- Unknown, 2:05 AM
Comments: Post a Comment