About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Of Eclipses and Too Damn Much Post-Modernism

A friend of mine clued me into the lunar eclipse tonight as it was happening. When I found the moon outside, it was about 3/4s gone. Fortunately, I could see it out one of my windows, so I was able to stay inside.

I am not entirely certain why, the whole process struck me as intensely sexual. Not sexy, but sexual. The general aura I got from my thoughts was similar to sex. The process was a slow torture. I would look out the window, seeing the moon slowly being enveloped by the shadow. I knew what was happening, what was going to happen. The release would come eventually, and it was what the whole thing was all about, but the anticipation was what made the release special. I can't explain why this is sexual, when it could describe pretty much anything.

When I mentioned the sexualness to the friend who brought the eclipse to my attention, she said she could feel a sexual vibe in the air as well. So even if I described it poorly, it was there, dammit. I'm not crazy.

I would post pictures, but I lack a digicam. I bring this up to keep reminding myself that it is what I will ask for for my birthday/christmas.
- Unknown, 2:12 AM
Comments: Post a Comment