About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Title

I like listening to my music on random. That's perhaps a slight understatement. I NEED to listen to my music on random. If I don't, I get bored. A CD that I'll listen to a fair amount for a week with random won't last that long if I don't have it on random. Two days, maybe.

It's the ADD portion of my brain. Or, if my horoscope is right, the Saggitarius part of my brain. Pop quiz: is ADD more or less valid than astrology? Either way, something in my brain loves new things. Randomness keeps a CD relatively new.

There are three known exceptions to this rule: David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust, Oukast's Aquemini, and the Dandy Warhols' Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia. Those are the elite few, albums which manage to be newer as complete albums straight through than as collections of songs.

So imagine my disappointment to discover that my laptop and WinAmp combine to always start on Track 1 when I play a CD. Seems petty, right? Well, it is. But annoying.
- Unknown, 4:50 PM
Comments: Post a Comment