About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Sunday, September 28, 2003

Uh. Wow?

So, I went on a date. Yeah, I know I don't Date. It was a date. Not a Date. I'll get around to explaining the difference sometime later. Anyway, I discovered this morning, while walking and talking with her, that I had opportunities to tease her and WASN'T TAKING THEM. I'm not sure how I can explain this to those of you who haven't dated me. I consider conversation like fencing. Poke, poke, parry, thrust, a hit, a palpable hit! And no joke, none, absofuckinglutely none, is not worth trying.

My motivation for not taking the teasing opportunities was very strange, too. Most of the time, if I don't take those opportunities, it's because I'm not comfortable doing it. You know, you don't mention kinky sex to your co-workers anytime they say a vaguely relevant word, that sort thing. This wasn't that. This was me thinking "I have nothing to gain by making this joke. She likes me, I like her, it's not funny enough to waste the time."

This is a strange new world for me.
- Unknown, 3:07 AM
Comments: Post a Comment