About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

A dirty little secret

All right, here I go. I kinda like sports. Believe it or not. It depends on the sport, yes, but I don't have the liberal/hipster disdain for sports that you might think I do. I'm not gung ho about them, but, well, they're there and they're cool sometimes.

When are they cool? How about the Women's World Cup. It's not my favorite event, I think World Cups are overrated. But on the other hand, they're rare, and only a complete fluke brought it back to the United States again, four years later.

What I'm trying to say here is that there's tickets available for a double-header on Thursday the 25th. The first game, starting at 4:45 (supposedly), is Sweden vs. North Korea. If you've got work, you can be late, I'm sure. Cause the main event is at 7:30, with the USA playing Nigeria. I hear the American women are "good" at this sport. It's $30 at cheapest, but god dammit, when else are you going to see a World Cup game in your hometown? (I follow this sort of thing - 2014 would be the earliest for the men. Who knows with the women, but probably along those same lines)

So drop me a comment or an e-mail if you're interested. You know you want to.
- Unknown, 12:35 PM
Comments: Post a Comment