About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Friday, September 12, 2003

Choices, choices

I left my old computer at Antioch when I came to Philly. Then I got my laptop. All I brought between them was a zip disk with my documents. It was understandable. Eventually I'd get them. Now that I have the Internet, though, I can try to start to replace them. Or I can wait.

There's a lot of stuff, some of it not replacable, some of it will require some or a lot of effort. MP3s, generally easy. Except for my game music collection. "Halo soundtrack? I'm getting it, but I ain't paying for it!" Likewise, I have a pile of SNES/Genesis ROMs, and ROMs can be a pain to get. I have a good 500 megs of abandonware. And so on and so on. It doesn't really matter what it is. What matters is that I could put out effort now to get it back, or visit antioch and get it back anyway.

I'm asking this now, because I just downloaded WinAmp, and I have the best Winamp skin collection EVER.
- Unknown, 12:24 AM
Comments: Post a Comment