About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Monday, August 11, 2003

Gooooool!

When I about to enter high school, my family moved to Colorado. I signed up for a recreational soccer league. In our first game, I was playing striker, and in first minute or two, I took a cross, controlled it, and blasted it into the goal. I went back to the halfway line for the ensuing kickoff. Being unadjusted to the atmosphere in Colorado, I had to crack my knuckles.

So there I was. In my first touch of the ball for my new team, I'd scored a goal. And I was sitting at the halfway mark, looking nonchalant, cracking my knuckles, looking for all the world like it was nothing, there was plenty more to come.

I will never be that cool again.
- Unknown, 12:12 PM
Comments: Post a Comment