About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Oh, You're No Fun Anymore

I am beginning to hate meetings here at work. Gasp! Meetings? Really? No, I actually used to like meetings. When I worked in Chicago, by the end of my time there, they were almost parties. One day they turned into one. Last term, it meant I got to hang out with my newspaper staff. This job, though? 20 people into a room, very slowly asking and answering questions.

I actually could have gotten more work done not at the meeting by staying on the Net and checking web sites out. I might have found another Army video game thanks to Penny Arcade, for example. Or I might have run out of web sites to read and actually done work. I might have done anything except sit in that room and do nothing but listen to boring pointless stuff.

Funny thing is, a significant portion of the meeting was devoted to streamlining, to avoid pointless meetings. Here's a hint: don't have 2 hour long meetings that the bulk of which can be conducted by e-mail.

- Unknown, 3:42 PM
Comments: Post a Comment