About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

I Should Have a Perfume

I've continued obsessing over the laptop thing. I'd gotten to the point where I found a happy compromise. Power and price. Right? Then I went and found a review that said that it was slow. This confused the hell out of me. It's got a good video card, it's got a good processor speed, it's got a lot of RAM, why is it slow? And if it's slow, then what's the point of having those specs at all? Confusatron!

Hmmm. I just clicked on a button and it said the reason the performance was so low is because the video card memory is shared with the system memory. Which makes sense. And renders this blog post fairly meaningless. But I decided to post it anyway . . . otherwise I wouldn't have had anything to write about today.

Yes, I'm obsessing over this. But it's a Big Purchase. I feel I'm allowed.

- Unknown, 4:38 PM
Comments: Post a Comment