About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Tuesday, July 01, 2003

End of an Era

I have officially entered into a trade for my Xbox. I'm getting a pile of mostly Gamecube games and some cash. Back in the dizzy-day, I got my Xbox for 5 games: Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, Morrowind, Obi-Wan, and . . . I don't even remember now. But after the initial game-getting, what happened to the Xbox? Pretty much everything I want for it, or play on it, it available for other systems. Deus Ex 2 and Soul Calibur 2, for example, are the games I want most for the Box. One's coming for PC as well, the other for Playstation 2 and Gamecube.

So it's gone. I'd say I'll miss it, and I probably will when Halo 2 gets released. And I'm sure I will when I enter the Halo tournament this month with no practice.

So now I can go get a Gamecube. But I don't really want to. I think. I don't know. It would be my first ever console purchased with my own money, and, and . . .ahhh! Confusatron! Want games, but don't want games all the time. Want social life too. But . . . games.

I think it's time to go home.
- Unknown, 4:53 PM
Comments: Post a Comment