About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Monday, July 28, 2003

Don't Tell Me Your Name If You Don't Want It Sung

For some reason, I just got in a fight with my ex. Normally, when I say "for some reason," it's an ironic twist of my language to state the obvious. For example: "For some reason, the Iraqis don't seem to be entirely happy with 150,000 American troops in their country." In this case, however, it's an unknown. We were talking and all of the sudden, she got pissed off and said she never wanted to talk to me again. Sure, she's an ex, it happens.

But then she added: "Please refrain from mentioning me in your writings."

Now, you, my long-time fans, may have noticed that I do tend to refrain from mentioning her in my writings here. In fact, last week, I think I wrote my only real reference to her was written last week. She, on the other hand, has written about me all the time, up to and including blogging with messages directly to me. She even wrote poetry about me, which was more than a little strange.

But, and this is the point, she's given me the means and motive to be petty and vindictive. So I'm going to refer to her right here, in my blog. Her name is Beth. Yeah! How do you like that refraining? I got more refraining where that's from!


In other news, this marks the third time in a week that I've used an S-K lyric to title one of my blog posts. It's getting out of control. I either need to make a rule where I try to use as many as possible, or I need to calm things down a little.

On the other hand, this lyric is slightly nicer than the Atmosphere lyric along the same lines that's running through my head. "A few years ago, an ex-girl of mine . . ."
- Unknown, 1:05 PM
Comments: Post a Comment