About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Friday, July 25, 2003

Adventures in Laptopville

Fun for the whole family!

First of all, I order my laptop. I get a phone call an hour later, where they say that, since my shipping address is different from my billing address, I should call my bank. Makes sense. Since it's past five by my bank's time, I call them tomorrow, speak with someone, and think that I've just confirmed the shipping address. Good? Good!

I e-mail the laptop company, and say that it should be taken care. I get an e-mail back a few hours later saying that they tried to get the money, but I apparently didn't have it. After running out to an ATM to make certain I still had the funds, I discovered that it's because my card only lets so much a day be taken out. So I handled that.

Today, I discover that my billing address is the problem, the one I gave, my school address, is different from the one I used, my parents' address. So I fixed that, and then got e-mailed AGAIN with the unconfirmed shipping address thing.

Arg.

Oh well. At least these were all easily fixable problems. And I should be getting my laptop next week.

Have yourself a ball, Prisstina, DO ALL THE THINGS I WOULD
- Unknown, 3:15 PM
Comments: Post a Comment