About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Tuesday, June 17, 2003

The Eternal Question

Why, oh why, is Noam Chomsky comic gold?

I first ran into Chomsky in the Onion. And saw his name on Saturday Night Live. He wasn't being made fun of for his ideas. He was just . . . referenced. And it was funny. I made a Chomsky joke in my newspaper this spring, in an article about how Saddam Hussein was linked to Mr. Rogers' death. Chomsky was in it, saying that before that evidence, he was against the war, but now? There's also my "There's only one Noam Chomsky" chant, which is more funny for the look of fear in inspires in other people.

I mention this because the Onion has struck comic gold with Chomsky again.
- Unknown, 5:23 PM
Comments: Post a Comment