About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Thursday, June 12, 2003

Cops Kicking Gypsies On The Pavement

I have finally determined how to describe my tastes in rock and roll music. I like punk music descended from The Clash, as opposed to the Sex Pistols. This is a brilliant way to describe it, because a) the Clash were better than the Sex Pistols, and b) the Clash did every type of music (see Sandanista) but they did it with a certain style, flair that can't be described.

Basically, I'm saying I like good music, but with an attitude that I like. Which is completely redundant I'm a music subjectivist, I believe that there is no way to judge music quality other than whether you like it. "I like good music" is redundant. It's like saying "A bachelor is an unmarried man." (spot the philosophy reference. Oh how fucking clever I am.)

So yes. I do like Sleater-Kinney. And Outkast. And I can say they're both spiritual descendants of the Clash. Because I like them.
- Unknown, 1:05 PM
Comments: Post a Comment