About me

one inanity at a time

Archives

Blog it, baby

Life in the Pink
Operated Boy
Bad News Hughes
Rollertrain

Smart People and Politics

Cursor
The Black Commentator
Counterpunch
Steve Gilliard's News Blog
Atrios
Tom Tomorrow
Whiskey Bar

Thursday, May 29, 2003

First-Person Sneaker

So I seem mostly set for this apartment that, for my price range, can only be described as fantastic. I mean, it has a dishwasher, and a washer and dryer, inside the apartment. Not just the building. In my room. I can afford it, etc, there's just one tiny hitch. It's under the table. Subletting not allowed. Which is fine by me in a theoretical sense. The management gets paid the same amount. Their rules are arbitrary. Big deal.

It's the practical side that bothers me. They have a doorman. What's more, on my way out, I saw a manager hanging out with the doorman, watching people. So, in a practical sense, it's a lot of pressure not to get caught being there *every day*, screwing over the person giving me the great deal, screwing over myself. Even if that were a breeze, I'm not sure I'd like to spend three months worrying about that. Stress is something I rather like to avoid.
- Unknown, 12:05 AM
Comments: Post a Comment